Submitting a podcast to Spotify
Keep in mind that your podcast has to meet the following requirements to submit to Spotify:
- All audio needs are good quality audio. Spotify requires all audio to be in ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Part 3 (MP3) audio with bitrates between 96 and 320 kbps.
- Episodes cannot exceed 200MB in size. 200MB is approximately 83 minutes at 320Kbps or over 200 minutes at 128Kbps.
- Podcast artwork must use a square (1:1) aspect ratio in the highest resolution available. Accepted formats include PNG or JPEG.
- Special characters, especially the ampersand (&) character must be HTML encoded. HTML tags will be removed by Spotify.
- Consumer-facing fields such as the episode title should not exceed 20 characters to ensure a good fit on all Spotify screens.
- All podcast RSS feeds must have a title, image, and at least 1 episode to qualify.
Submit your Podcast
- 1. Go to Spotify for Podcasters and log in to your Spotify account, or create one if you don't already have one. You can select "Log In" or "Get Started" to proceed.
- 2. After you have logged in, select "Get Started" on the "Add your podcast" page.
- 3. If prompted, read through the terms and conditions, check the box, enter your legal name or LLC, and select "Continue."
- 4. Enter your RSS feed into the provided box and select "Next." If there is something wrong with your RSS feed, there will be a prompt below the RSS feed box notifying you of the issue. Otherwise, your podcast title, artwork, and description will all appear on the right side of the page.
- 5. On the "Add podcast info" page, select your country, language, category, and hosting provider and press "Next."
- 6. Review your podcast details and select "Submit."
It may take as long as 2-5 days to appear on Spotify, but most podcasts appear within just a few hours. Spotify does not contact you when your podcast has been added though, so you'll have to keep an eye on the Spotify podcast listings yourself.
Submitting to Spotify is quick and easy now that they have opened their directory up to submissions through their portal. You are also still able to submit your podcast through your hosting provider, so you can check out your hosting provider's website for information on how to quickly submit your podcast through your host. Regardless of how you decide to submit, you should definitely prioritize submitting to Spotify because they are clearly up and coming in the podcast world, so the sooner you jump on board, the better!