Submitting my podcast to Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
To get a podcast on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), please follow these simple steps:
1. Publish at least one episode with an Apple Podcasts (iTunes) supported file format. You may check how to publish a podcast episode here.
2. Set your Podcast title, description, category, and logo in your bCast account “Settings” page. Your bCast podcast image will be used in iTunes as your podcast cover art.
The logo image must meet the iTunes specifications:
- Cover art must be in the JPEG or PNG file format with appropriate file extensions (.jpg, .png). Be sure the file name is letters, numbers, underscores, or dashes only. Do not include an extra period (e.g. myart.V1.jpeg will fail validation).
- In the RGB color space with a minimum size of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels, 72 dpi. Read more about specifications for podcasts on iTunes.
Please refer to here on how to resize and compress your podcast logo.
3. Get your podcast RSS feed by going to your podcast under "overview" by simply copying it.
- Go to Podcasts Connect (https://podcastsconnect.apple.com), Apple's podcast management area.
- Login to the Apple ID, if you don’t have one, you need to create one at first. You can view and manage all the podcasts you've submitted there.
- Click on the "+" button the submit a new podcast feed. Validate and submit. You can check the status of your iTunes submission in Podcasts Connect
*Please note that there are sometimes delays with iTunes updating, which we cannot control. If you have subscribers in iTunes, they will get your latest podcast but there may be slight delays in it showing up in iTunes.
This guide shows you how to upload a podcast to iTunes/Apple Podcasts... we also have guides for other directories here: https://support.bcast.fm/category/26-promoting-a-podcast